1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges & What You Need To Know For The 2017 Marketplace!
ABOUT THIS EVENT
What you need to know to work in the 2017 Marketplace. Not just deferring taxes on your sale, but going into better investment properties for you!
- How the 1031 Exchange works.
- The 6 different kinds of 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges.
- How to create more Cash Flow.
- How to GROW my Investment Property Portfolio.
- How to created Additional Depreciation Tax write-offs.
-Tony Watson is an enrolled agent, which is a federally licensed tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation. Tony advises, represents, and prepares tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any other entity with tax-reporting requirements. He’s also a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the California Association of Enrolled Agents. Outside of work, Tony spends his time reading books and mixing music.(roberthalltaxes.com)
- Phil Atwan serves as co-founder, Senior Vice President and Officer for Exchange Resources, Inc., one of the largest Independent Qualified Intermediaries (Accommodator) in the United States. Phil began his real estate career in Sales with Safeco Title Insurance Company in 1982, and later to Chicago Title in 1986. In 1995 Phil became North Los Angeles County Sales Manager at Chicago Title. He has an extensive understanding of the real estate industry, both technically and from a marketing perspective. Phil speaks regularly at Board of Realtor continuing educational functions, training meetings, Investor Seminars, California Financial Planning Seminars, California Escrow Association training seminars, local Universities, and CPA Discussion group training meetings. Phil serves on the Board of Directors, Fundraising Chairman, and on the Education Committee for the Escrow Associates of the San Gabriel Valley for 10 years, and recently had the honor of winning the 2015 Affiliate of the Year Award. Phil, a resident of Whittier, California, is happily married with 3 wonderful children, and 3 incredible grandchildren.
- Bob Horning was born and raised in the great state of Tennessee. As an undergraduate student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Bob received honors including Torchbearer and Phi Beta Kappa, and went on to earn his master’s degree at the same institution. A licensed securities broker and insurance agent, Bob has been involved with the co-owned real estate industry (Tenant In Common and Delaware Statutory Trust) from its inception in 1994. He is a specialist in tax advantaged investments, a member of the Real Estate Investment Securities Association (REISA), and a frequent speaker and author on investments, income tax and capital gains tax planning. Under the aegis of H&S Wealth Management, Bob’s focus is on putting assets to work for retirement income and risk management. In addition to retirement plans and annuities, Bob concentrates on alternative investments, primarily real estate. He is a Registered Representative of Centaurus Financial Inc., and lives in West Los Angeles.
-Adam Bryan is that rare breed, a true California native, born and raised in Los Angeles. His early career included film production, network television analysis, and corporate marketing. Since 2002, when the IRS first gave formal guidance on the proper structure of a TIC (Tenant-in-Common) investment, and 2004, when they issued a revenue procedure on DSTs (Delaware Statutory Trust) for 1031 exchanges, he has been at the forefront of the financial services industry, as both a real estate and securities professional. Adam has been a speaker at numerous industry trade shows and events. In 2002, he joined SCI Real Estate Investments, a leading sponsor of co-owned investment real estate. In 2009, he co-founded Savage Bryan Investments, and continued to service clients with their 1031 exchange needs, as well as diversifying their investment portfolios into energy Investments and note programs. Adam lives with his wife, two daughters, his mother-in-law, and a cat in Northridge.